Guiding Our Path to a Brighter Future
We are optimistic that we can make a difference in the world by delivering the highest-quality turbine services for our global customers. Learn how our company leaders have instilled this level of confidence in our team.
Leadership from HPI Management
HPI was founded in 2002 when owner and founder Hal Pontez recognized the need for additional capacity and new technology in turbine controls and turnkey power plant design and construction.
Under the leadership of Hal and other company executives, HPI has grown dramatically. As one of the leading providers of customized turbine solutions and services in the turbomachinery industry, we are regularly named to Houston’s Top 100 Private Companies List.
Hal and other executives provide exceptional leadership by drawing from their extensive experience and industry insight. Our management team’s collective corporate experience encompasses company ownership, executive management, and business development in turbine engineering projects.
During our history, we have successfully developed industry-leading solutions that fit the unique needs of each global customer. We do not subscribe to a one-size-fits-all approach for our customers; we believe in finding the right approach to meet your needs. It starts at the top with our management team setting a clear course for how we can make a difference.
Meet HPI Senior Leadership
Founder, President, and CEO
- Founded HPI in 2002.
- Formerly an executive with Vosper Thornycroft.
- Held executive management positions with several other companies.
- Early pioneer in doing business with former Soviet bloc countries.
- Successfully managed several high risk endeavors.
- Negotiated and won projects to provide emergency power to the nation of Kuwait.
- Graduated from Syracuse University with a BS in Mechanical Engineering.
Managing Director, Mechanical Services
- Has over 30 years of experience in the rotating equipment industry, including 13 as general manager with HPI
- Created HPI’s mechanical field service business, and has led it to growth of over 500 percent
- Experienced with rotating equipment installation, maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for various equipment such as gas and steam turbines, generators, compressors, and gear boxes related to the power and petrochemical industries
- Has a deep knowledge of equipment used in power generation and the petrochemical industry
- Began career in petrochemical industry with ENPRO, starting as mechanic and working up to field manager
- Previously served as technical director/project manager for Wood Group’s HIT Field Services
Chief Financial Officer
- Joined HPI in November 2010.
- Responsible for accounting and finance functions.
- Previously served as VP of Corporate Development for BMP, LLC and Controller for El Dorado Communications.
- Experienced public accountant with Arthur Anderson LLP and Mann Frankfort Stein & Lipp Advisors Inc.
- Knowledge of acquisitions, capital management, corporate forecasting, and tax planning.
- Graduated from Mississippi State with a BS in Accounting.