HPI is fully committed to the health, safety, and well-being of its staff, customers, and everyone with whom it interacts. Assessment of HSEQ hazards, risks, and mitigations are always at the forefront of its activities—being given equal priority to other business critical activities. HPI successfully achieved OHSAS 18001 accreditation, confirming this commitment. Furthermore, one of the most significant indicators of HPI’s commitment to health and safety is its industry leading TRIR metrics.
An effective quality management system with demonstrated quality delivery has been pivotal to HPI’s success. In addition to the company’s ISO 9001 accreditation, HPI is a registered FPAL and Achilles “Verified” supplier. HPI has also been audited to other stringent quality requirements including those of the nuclear industry in Canada.
Quality Assurance Programs in Place
- ISO 9001:2008 certified Quality Management Systems
- ISO 14001 certified Environmental Management Systems
- ISO 18001 certified Health & Safety Systems
- CAN/CSA Standard Z299.2-85 Quality Assurance Program
- CE-1002-STD CANDU Standard for Software Engineering of CAT II Software
- CSA N286-05 Operations Quality Assurance program in place for nuclear power plants
- Undergoing qualification for IEC 61508:2002 Functional Safety of Electrical/Electronic/Programmable Electronic Safety-Related Systems
- Undergoing qualification for U.S. NRC 10 CFR 50 Appendix B Quality Assurance Criteria for Nuclear Power Plants and Fuel Reprocessing Plants